So Darin applied for x-ray school back at the beginning of the year. And we waited and waited for them to let us know if he got in. The day of choosing came and went and he was 8 slots away from being accepted into the January program ): The school told us not to give up hope, because people could drop out. If 3 people dropped out he would be an alternate and get to start school in August. I thought "there's no way he'll be in before August" so we painted the nursery and planned as though we were staying here.
Well Darin got in school for January!!! Great right? Suddenly we are searching for apartments, shortening maternity leave to 4 WEEKS!!, looking for a new place to work, and getting ready to have a baby!!! I was completely overwhelmed!! I thought "this isn't how it was supposed to be!! These things need planning and time and preparation and TIME!!! But that night as we knelt down to pray I found myself listening to the words of the prayer as we thanked the Lord for all our blessings. We thanked Him for Darin getting into school. We thanked Him for the blessing of soon becoming parents. With each thing we thanked the Lord for; I realized those were all the same things I was stressing about earlier. I thought... I may be overwhelmed right now, but how often can someone say they are overwhelmed with blessings? I know I am truly blessed and my Father in Heaven will help us figure out all the things he is blessing us with :)




Isn't life amazing! Heavenly Father's plan is truly better than any of our best thought plans
ReplyDelete